Congratulations to Alicia Zhang - our 2021 Making a Difference Scholarship recipient!
We congratulate all of our graduating seniors on your achievement and wish you the very best in your future endeavors.
Bank First believes in helping students achieve their dreams of higher education. That’s why we are proud to offer an annual scholarship to students in the communities we serve. This scholarship is open to high school seniors who plan to attend a private or public college or university.
Bank First will award one $10,000 scholarship to the candidate who best demonstrates achievement and high standards in academics, character, leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and community activities. The recipient will also best demonstrate how they will utilize their education to make a difference in their future career.
Scholarship Criteria to Apply
- Student must be a senior in high school.
- Student must currently attend high school in a county in which Bank First maintains an office.
- Student must plan to attend a private or public college or university (2 or 4 year). If the student has not yet been accepted into a college or university, they may still apply for the scholarship.
- Student must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher (on a 4-point scale).
- Student must submit a copy of their high school transcript (grades 9-12) with the application.
- Student must demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, character, leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and/or community activities.
- Student must submit a 500-word essay. In 500 words or less, the student should discuss how they selected their intended field of interest or major. The applicant should share any experience they have in their intended field of interest (e.g., volunteer work, summer jobs, extracurricular activities, internships, etc.) and share what they gained from that experience. The essay should describe how the student’s college or university education will contribute to their immediate or long range career plan(s) and how they will use their education to make a difference in the future.
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation with the application.
- Children or immediate family members of Bank First directors, officers, and employees are not eligible.
Guidelines to Receive Scholarship Funds
- Bank First will disburse scholarship funds in two equal installments of $5,000 per year for the recipient’s freshman and sophomore year of post-secondary school, subject to the student meeting the requirements described below.
- Scholarship funds will not be released until Bank First receives proof of enrollment via a tuition statement for each academic year. The scholarship recipient is responsible for providing Bank First a copy of their tuition statement in a timely manner. Bank First will mail the scholarship check directly to the college or university.
- The first installment will be disbursed during the student’s first semester upon receipt of a tuition statement. To receive the second installment for the student’s sophomore year, the recipient must submit a transcript of their grades to Bank First. The student must have maintained a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 during their freshman year to receive the funds. If the student’s cumulative grade point average dropped below 3.0, they forfeit the remainder of their reward.
- Tuition statements and transcripts can be mailed or emailed to Bank First.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 10
Manitowoc, WI 54221-0010
The 2021 application deadline has passed and a recipient has been selected.
Submission and Selection
- Applications must be submitted to Bank First by March 1, 2021. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please send all applications via email to Bank First | firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winner will be announced on or before April 30, 2021.
To access the application, CLICK HERE.