Checking Account Comparison
Bank First has a full array of checking accounts and convenience products available to fit your needs. We have non-interest bearing and interest bearing checking accounts from which to choose. With so many options, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for!
Open a Bank First checking account today!
|Simply First||Student's First||First Rewards||Military First||First Rate|
|Minimum Deposit to Open||$0.00||$0.002||$0.00||$0.005||$0.00|
|Free 1st Order of Checks||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Minimum Balance to Avoid Service Charge||No minimum1||No minimum1||$5,000.001,3||No minimum||$2,500.00|
|Earns Cash Back Rewards?||No||No||Yes3||No||No|
|Free Bill Pay||Yes4||Yes4||Yes4||Yes4||Yes4|
|Access to Surcharge Free ATMs?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free Peer-to-Peer Popmoney Transfers?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Unlimited Check Writing?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Monthly Service Charge||$0.00||$0.00||$10.003||$0.00||$15.00
(if minimum balance is not met)
|Learn More||Simply First||Student's First||First Rewards||Military First||First Rate|
1) Accounts that are inactive (no deposit or withdrawals) for more than 12 months AND have a balance of less than $100.00 will incur an Inactive Account Fee of $3.00 per month.
2) Must be at least 16 years of age and either a high school junior or senior or enrolled in post-high education (college or trade) to open account. Customers under the age of 18 are required to have a parent / guardian as joint owner on the account. This account will automatically convert to a Simply First Checking when the primary account holder reaches the age of 24. A debit card and E-Statements are required with this account.
3) 5.00% Cash Back earned on up to $200 in debit card purchases per statement cycle. Maximum cash back is $10.00 per statement cycle. Avoid the monthly service charge by having the following:
- Minimum of $5,000 in combined average available deposit balances
- Direct deposit or mobile deposit of $500 or more per statement cycle
- Online banking or goBank
- Active debit card (10 or more signature transactions per statement cycle)
4) Bill Pay is free to customers who have direct deposit, a Bank First debit card and are signed up to receive E-Statements. If you do not qualify for free Bill Pay, you will be charged a $4.95 fee per month following a free 3-month trial period. To become qualified to receive free Bill Pay, please see a customer service representative. Bill Pay services will be deactivated following 3 consecutive months of inactivity.
5) Direct deposit, an active debit card, and e-statements are required to qualify for this account offering. If direct deposit is discontinued, if a debit card is no longer active, or if e-statements are switched to paper, Bank First reserves the right to convert the account into a Simply First account. Exclusions may apply. Primary owner on the account must be 18 years or older to qualify and must show Military ID at account opening.
Avoid Overdrawing Your Account
Avoid the embarrassment of an overdraft with Firstflex Credit - a line of credit that is automatically accessed if your checking account has a negative balance. There is a $25 annual fee for this service and interest is charged on the outstanding balance of the line of credit.
Connect your checking account to another deposit account using our Firstflex Link product. This automatic transfer is a safety net in case you run short on money in your checking account. This service may avoid having the embarrassment of overdrawing your account.
Draws will occur in $100.00 increments. For example, if your checking account drops below zero by $5.00, a $100.00 deposit from your savings or money market account will be transferred into your checking account. There is a $10.00 fee per transfer.
Note: regulations limit a maximum of six automatic transfers from a savings account per month.
See one of our Customer Service Representatives today to open the checking account of your choice!
Reach for the perfect way to pay with a Bank First debit card!
No matter where you are or what you need, a Bank First debit card offers more flexibility and security than cash or checks. Use your debit card to make purchases anywhere MasterCard is accepted or go to any ATM to access your checking account to withdraw cash, make deposits, or transfer funds on your time.
To activate and set your PIN, or change your PIN, call 1-800-992-3808
To report lost or stolen Debit card after normal banking hours, call 1-800-554-8969.
*If you plan on using your credit card outside of your home state, please notify your local office in advance.
*If you plan on using your debit card outside of your home state, please call 1-844-771-9302 in advance.
Free ATM Access
Your pass to free ATMs nationwide
- Look for the MoneyPass® logo and use your Bank First debit card surcharge-free.
- Easy-to-find ATMs at moneypass.com or with the MoneyPass® mobile app
- Start enjoying the benefits of the MoneyPass® ATM Network today!
ATM Access Network
The ATM Access mobile app gives locations and directions to hundreds of surcharge free ATMs in Wisconsin.
Make the switch to Bank First in just four easy steps.
We want to make your move to Bank First as easy as possible. That’s why we created a Switch Kit with everything you’ll need to close your existing accounts and transfer your automatic deposits and withdrawals. You won’t even need to visit your old financial institution!
1. Open your Bank First account.
We offer a number of account choices to meet your needs. Complete the account opening form, print it, and bring it to your nearest Bank First location. After your new account is open, stop using your old account. Use this time to destroy any unused checks, ATM and debit cards, and deposit slips.
2. Change your direct deposits.
Direct Deposit simplifies everything! Use the change direct deposit form and give to your employer or other payment source so your funds can be automatically deposited into your new account.
3. Change your automatic payments.
Complete the automatic payments form to change all automatic withdrawals or automated payment services. Don’t forget about those that use your old debit card number, such as automatic payments online.
4. Close your old accounts.
This form will notify your old financial institution about the accounts you are closing and gives directions for disbursement of any remaining funds in those accounts. You will need to know your old account numbers in order to close these accounts. Fill out the information and either send it to your old financial institution or bring it in to us and we'll take care of it for you!
Let's get started! Open up our easy Switch Kit now.